Welcome, 2011! We are breathing in the fresh air of routine this morning at our house. Back to the school room for us! The year is new and the holiday rush is mostly over (we have one more party on the weekend). God is gracious, isn't He, in giving us a tangible new beginning? His mercies are new EVERY morning but doesn't it hit you more strongly at the beginning of a New Year. It makes my heart full of praise. I've seen this verse quoted more than once in relation to the New Year and I am going to quote it too:
Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's
Thank you Lord for the mercy of a New year and a new day!
Some things that make my heart glad about this new year:
- Mr. Vandoodewaard is still with us! God is kind.
- Taun's baby is almost due!-and she (they) will be living in Port Stanley this coming February
so that we can see themso that the baby can be born in Canada.
- Joel & Lynette are expecting a baby in July! (July 6)
- Micah is here!!! (that one is singing in all of our hearts eh!)
Some things that have made my heart glad in 2010:
- Brie Avery VanDyk was born in Sept! Thank you LORD for another child to raise in a covenant home!
- Belinda had Gracie!!!! Eeeee. So fun to have babies in the same year!
- Fellowship at our church which has been extra sweet lately.
- Sisters-just love sister time!!! (Derek, I love you too...!)
- True Woman Conference!
May God bless you in the New Year and may you remember the gifts He gives that can NOT be taken away! (read Lisa's blog post if you haven't. A sweet reminder of God's blessings!)
P.S. No pictures of Christmas or of our sweet Brie! Our camera (among other things) was stolen on Dan's birthday! BUMMER.