A short list of happenings:
- Ksena broke her hip at the park-actually she just scraped her back but she’s pretty sure her ‘hip is broked’. (Thanks Dani D for letting her cuddle you for comfort.)
- Esmé did about a weeks worth of ‘you know what’ in her diaper at the park and since I am not insanely organized, she was bare legged for most of ‘Park Day’.
- Mia skinned her knee at the park.
- Esmé went through three outfits; Ksena went through two pairs of shorts.
- Ksena’s shorts fell off while we were going for a walk. Ksena’s shorts fell off while she was playing outside and ended up drenched in water.
- Esmé tried to get out of the grocery cart while I was unloading the groceries into the van. Normally I would secure her in her car seat before I do this but I had forgotten to purchase the roasted chicken from the ‘Hot Deli’ so we had to go back into the store. ( I’m not sure why I forgot the chicken)
- Ksena tried to get herself out of the grocery cart while I was buckling Esmé into her car seat.
You’ll notice there are not many tragedies written about Mia which gives me hope. Apparently by about four years old children are somewhat civilized! :O) In fact they are even helpful. Mia loaded all of our necessities into the van for park day, took some things back into the house when we returned from the park and helped load and unload the groceries. For this I am very thankful. I am also very thankful that God helped me see the humour in a lot of situations that typically overwhelm me.
Now on to tomorrow, and remembering to love them and expecting them to be children…because God loves me unfailingly and showers me with His grace when I sin as His child.