- She is the one I can call when I'm having a bad day.
- She 'gets it' when I'm frazzled from motherhood.
- She listens to the mundane details of my life patiently.
- She had me wrapped around her finger when we were growing up (just ask her!).
- We are as different as night and day but don't those two things go so well together?!
- I didn't realize that I was still a little sister but today I still need my big sister.
There are things in life that God gives us to enjoy and one of them is sisterhood. Thank you Heavenly Father for my sweet, sweet sister Taun! I am praying that we will both bloom where we are planted because that is every one's calling. I will be thankful for the other 6 sisters I have (and the one dear brother). My heart is also praising God for the MANY sweet sisters in Christ that are gracing my life.
Some pairs come to mind from Scripture:
Ruth and Naomi
Mary and Elizabeth
Mary and Martha
I'm sure there are more. God put those pairs together and look how they functioned with each other! Ruth and Naomi returned to the promised land together. Mary and Elizabeth shared the bond of motherhood and miraculous conceptions at that! Mary and Martha served Jesus together in their own special ways.
There is a sweetness in functioning together and it is a tender and precious gift straight from the hand of our Heavenly Father!