From the rising of the sun to its going down
the Lord's name is to be praised!



Thursday, March 01, 2007

Laundry Helper

Work in progress...
Finished!!


Dust if you must, but there's not much time, with rivers to swim and mountains to climb, music to hear and books to read, friends to cherish and life to lead.

I'm not sure who penned this quote but it's a quote that my Mom emailed me...so I took it literally and got my kid to do the work while I frittered away my time. Kidding!

As I watched Mia fold the laundry I was reminded that my Bep used to let me fold cloths. I was so eager to do it until it became my job. Then I whined until it was probably easier for my Bep to do it herself but she stood her ground and trained me to work. My Mom also let me bake at a very early age which I imagine would have been easier for her to do herself considering the outcome of some of the first tries. Now I'm the trainer and once my fingers have lost the itch to take over the task it is wonderful to watch my little helper and be proud of her accomplishment.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

that is so cute! i know exactly what you mean about the itch to take over! but that's how they learn! i remember you were always suzie homemaker when we were kids, and look at how well it's paid off! (remember when we used to play "house" with barbies? wow that brings back memories!!)

Household of Faith said...

That is very cute. It can be hard to sit back and let them do the work, but that's the only way they learn. Seth loves helping me bake too, it is more work and messy, but he enjoys it.

Taunya said...

Tiana helps with wash cloths too, but I have to say - it looks like Mia's had more practice. that's a pretty neat stack of towels.

Sylvia said...

Very cute.
Cailyn is always asking to help. It's cute. I think her favourite is putting the clothes in the washing machine or dryer. Yeah I have to stand and wait for her - but she loves it. Maybe I will have to start her on washcloths too!

Jon and Kel said...

The job that gives me the most "itchy fingers" is when they make their beds. Every day I just want to give a little tug here and a pull there to just straighten it out a little... Can't they see the wrinkles???

Anonymous said...

What fun! She did a very good job, by my standards. Does she want to come and do mine too? Just kidding! I'm glad she's so eager to help out.
Danielle

Anonymous said...

Good job Mia! Don't get too good, or your Mamma will make you do it all the time! :0)