From the rising of the sun to its going down
the Lord's name is to be praised!



Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Boxing Day
Well, it's another renovations day for Dan. He has help from his brothers today since they are coming for the VanDyk Christmas party at Mom & Dad's later this afternoon. You know, sometimes you hear a woman say 'Man, I wish my husband could be a woman for a day just to know what it feels like!'. It's days like today that I'm thankful I'm a woman! For all the hours men spend taking care of the home and all the knowledge they need to do it I'd rather be changing diapers! God bless the men in our lives! Maybe I'll post some goofy pics of the brothers working later...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Melanie! Didn't you got Boxing day shopping?? Well you didn't miss much if you didn't go=) the stores were crazy!=)I got a cool pair of boots though=)well ttyl!

Mel said...

No shopping for me-but I didn't miss the crowded stores. I used to enjoy that...must be getting old eh? I'd like to see your boots. :@)
Mel

Anonymous said...

I totally understand what you mean about all the work the guys do. A mother's/wife's job isn't easy either, but guys have a lot of stress too with providing for their family, and fixing everything in the house. I'm so thankful that Tim can do all the things he's done on our houses. If I didn't have him I'm sure I'd have to live in an apartment where someone else gets to fix all the things that go wrong!

Laura said...

You know, I was thinking something similar just yesterday. I was going to attempt to hang a shelf but then I thought about all of the stuff that needed to be done that I just asked Jason if he could do it for me. I watched him of course and gladly got the tools that he needed but I still felt bad for having to ask him. Sometimes I wish that I knew how to do this stuff, but I honestly think that the men enjoy being able to provide for their family. I think that at times like this, when they are fixing things in the home or even hanging a silly shelf, it makes them feel more manly!