From the rising of the sun to its going down
the Lord's name is to be praised!



Monday, May 31, 2010

Homemade Tortillas

Did you know it only takes 4 main ingredients to make your own wraps!!! I mixed some whole wheat flour into mine so that makes 5 ingredients.


Step 1
Lay out the ingredients...or you will hear the haunting voice of your Mother saying "I always tell you to read the recipe first and take out all the ingredients before you start baking!". Wise words that have stuck with me...but have not always saved me.
Step 2
Make the dough
Step 3
Divide the dough
Step 4
Roll the dough
Step 5
Pan fry the tortilla!

Step 6
Fill the tortilla and EAT!
For the recipe just click this link: Homemade Tortillas

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Looks yummy! Rice wraps seem a lot easier...I'm sure you could make them with wheat flour, too. You don't need to roll them, the batter is thin and you fry them like a crepe, but their texture is something like a tortilla. Click on the gluten-free gathering on the sidebar of my blog and find the recipe there.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks super easy and tasty! I think I may try that soon - thanks Mel!

Lynnette VD said...

Looks like fun - I'll be trying to sometime...thanks for sharing!